As the long, hot summer fades and the autumn gets ready to step in with its free display of stunning colours across our woodlands, countryside and gardens, the retailer’s displays have already been transformed. Barbeques, garden furniture, summer dresses and beachwear have now been replaced with festive teasers. Shelves are stacked with Christmas tableware, decorations, and kids’ toys.
We took a lot of time deciding on our summer holiday this year, leaving it to the final moment because of our amazing…
It seems this summer my friends are embracing festivals with their five year olds and I’ve been asked countless times about what to…
A football club right here in the UK has been named the world’s first UN certified carbon-neutral football club.
When it comes to festivals and being sustainable, we have a long way to go. So much plastic, from drinks through to food…
We can’t wait to celebrate the start of the school holidays with a family friendly festival tucked away in Yorkshire. In its 9th…
Timber Festival is a brand new, independent festival set in the National Forest and it’s taking place this weekend… 6-8 July… we can’t wait to get back to nature and reconnect as a family. Here’s our Top 10 things to do if you’re heading there this weekend
- Take a journey into the heart of the forest at dusk in the English festivalpremiere of Tree and Wood, a new interactive performance exploring our relationship to trees and forests by leading artist and producer Jony Easterby, with a team of international artists, musicians, performers and foresters. Tree and Wood explores our relationship with the trees and woods we depend on for our survival both past and present through a journey through a series of installations, movement, song and music. Known for his dynamic and immersive sound and light works across the world, Jony Easterby’s recent immersive night time adventure For The Birds has wowed audiences across the UK.
- Explore all the sides of the moon in the greenfield festival premiere of Luke Jerram’s Museum of the Moon – an incredible seven metre moon sculpture featuring detailed NASA imagery of the lunar surface and sound by BAFTA and Ivor Novello award winning composer Dan Jones.
- Join composer and sound-artist Jason Singh on a special listening walkexploring voice and technology to mimic nature and birdsong. Gather sounds and create instruments from ‘found’ nature such stones, twigs, leaves and soil. Discover how Jason uses plants and plant data to create music.
- Take part in a very special Masked Ball.
- Witness an enthralling fire-gardencreated especially for Timber Festival by leading artists, sculptors, designers and technicians pa-BOOM.
- Look out for thrilling aerial acrobatics in the trees, bringing ancient tales to life from Whispering Woods and magical Dream Antelopes who will be roaming the site.
- Take part in tree climbing, slacklining, leaf art and mask making workshops. Join Responsible Fishing to create some seemingly impossible stone sculpturesand beautiful geometric land art
- Have some buzzing adventures with Beekeeping experiences with The Bee Farmerand interactive theatre show Bee Cart from Sheffield’s Pif Paf Theatre. Meet Bee Guides Bombus and Borage for much Bee wisdom and surreal fun. Delve into the world of Bees, learn the pollen packing dance and the waggle dance. Try out their Buzz Pollenator, and maybe even get your nose pollinated.
- Take part in natural wellbeing therapy Forest Bathing
- Don’t miss out on the music too! Headliners include Jane Weaver(performing songs from new album Modern Kosmology), This Is The Kit (performing compelling Alt Folk from new album Moonshine Freeze) and the energetic and joyful Hope & Social.
For information and tickets visit www.timberfestival.org.uk
Follow news of Timber on social:
We are very excited and pleased to hear that by 2020, IKEA will be banning all of its single use plastic. The plastic…
There’s something exciting happening in the world of theatre! The world’s first cycling theatre company, The HandleBards, pedal from venue to venue with…
Now in its 7th year, The Big Feastival is a unique festival experience that blends top musicians with the best food you can think of, along with entertainment to keep the kids thoroughly entertained from morning to night.
Hosted on Alex James’ farm nestled in the Cotswolds, you won’t be disappointed with the music line up with Basement Jaxx, Craig David and Paloma Faith headlining the weekend.